If you have any questions or suggestions regarding our Privacy Statement, please contact us via the link http://hotels.com.au/contact-us/, or at:
Online Travel Group Pty Ltd
Level 3, 480 Collins Street
Melbourne VIC 3000
Telephone: 03 8610 6944. Office Hours: Monday Friday 8.30am – 5.30pm
Information we collect
When you book a reservation through our website or register an account with us, we ask you to provide personally identifiable billing information by filling out and submitting an online Billing Information form (if you have not registered an account with us already). This information includes your name, home telephone number, email address, and your credit card number, expiration date, card security code, and billing address. We may also ask you for the names of other people for whom you are booking accommodation.
How we use your information
We use your information to:
- process and book your reservation and to notify you of your reservation status;
- send you our newsletter and other marketing information, unless you have notified us that you do not wish to receive this information by unchecking the relevant box on our online Billing Information form; and
- for internal research, planning, accounting, security and testing purposes.
Disclosure of your information
We disclose the information in our on-line Room Preferences form, which includes the names in which rooms are booked, to accommodation providers for the purpose of reserving your accommodation. We do not disclose the information on the Billing Information form to them.
We may also disclose any of your information:
- if required to do so by law;
- to our providers of services such as credit card processing, on the basis that they do not use or disclose your information for any other purpose, unless required to do so by law;
- to our affiliates, whose privacy policies are similar to ours, if necessary to provide emergency accommodation for you;
- if necessary to enforce a contract with you, or resolve a dispute with or complaint from you; or
Cookies are small pieces of information stored on your computer tied to information about you. We use both session ID (or temporary) cookies, which terminate when you close your browser, and persistent cookies, which are stored on your hard drive.
Cookies allow you to login without having to type your login name each time, allowing you to simply provide your password to access the system. Cookies also enable us to track and target the interests of our users to offer them the most appropriate services. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but if you prefer, you can edit your browser options to block them in the future. If you choose to reject cookies, you may still use our website; however, your access to some areas of our website will be limited.
Accessing your information
You can request access to, and update, the personally identifiable information we have collected about you by contacting us in the ways set out at the top of this page. You can also change your personally identifiable information on the "My Account" page of our website.
Privacy Statement Changes
If we change our privacy practices, we will modify this Privacy Statement, and its effective date, accordingly so that you will always know what information we gather, how we might use it, and to whom we may disclose it. We also will notify you of any material change to this Privacy Statement by placing a prominent notice on our website. We encourage you to review this Statement periodically to be informed of how we are protecting your information.
This Privacy Statement is effective as of 6 December 2010