Make yourself at home in one of the 417 air-conditioned rooms featuring refrigerators and Smart televisions. Wireless Internet access (surcharge) keeps you connected, and cable programming is available for your entertainment. Private bathrooms with shower/tub combinations feature complimentary toiletries and hair dryers. Conveniences include phones, as well as desks and coffee/tea makers.
Take advantage of recreation opportunities including an indoor pool and a 24-hour fitness center. This hotel also features complimentary wireless Internet access, concierge services, and gift shops/newsstands.
- Free airport transportation
- Indoor pool
- Hair salon
- Concierge services
- Gift shops or newsstand
- Total number of rooms - 417
- Number of floors - 33
- Number of buildings/towers - 1
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Laundry facilities
- Coffee shop or café
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Multilingual staff
- Free newspapers in lobby
- 24-hour front desk
- Business center
- Express check-out
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Meeting rooms
- Smoke-free property
- Wedding services
- Express check-in
- Free WiFi
- Accessible bathroom
- Roll-in shower
- In-room accessibility
- Year Built 1981
- Number of restaurants - 2
- Conference space size (feet) - 25000
- Conference space size (meters) - 2323
- Snack bar/deli
- Self parking (surcharge)
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Pool sun loungers
- 24-hour fitness facilities
Enjoy American cuisine at Rock River Grill Tavern, one of the hotel's 2 restaurants, or stay in and take advantage of the room service (during limited hours). Snacks are also available at the coffee shop/café. Wrap up your day with a drink at the bar/lounge. Buffet breakfasts are available daily from 6 AM to 11 AM for a fee.
Featured amenities include a business center, express check-in, and express check-out. Planning an event in Des Moines? This hotel features 28000 square feet (2601 square meters) of event facilities. A roundtrip airport shuttle is complimentary (available on request).
Distances are displayed to the nearest 0.1 mile and kilometer.
801 Grand - 0.3 km / 0.2 mi
Ruan Center - 0.4 km / 0.2 mi
Des Moines Public Library - 0.5 km / 0.3 mi
Pappajohn Sculpture Park - 0.6 km / 0.4 mi
John and Mary Pappajohn Sculpture Park - 0.8 km / 0.5 mi
The Temple for Performing Arts - 0.8 km / 0.5 mi
Polk County Courthouse - 1 km / 0.6 mi
Veterans Memorial Auditorium - 1 km / 0.6 mi
Iowa Hall of Pride - 1 km / 0.6 mi
World Food Prize Hall of Laureates - 1 km / 0.6 mi
Hoyt Sherman Place - 1.1 km / 0.7 mi
Des Moines Civic Center - 1.1 km / 0.7 mi
Walnut Street Bridge - 1.3 km / 0.8 mi
Better Homes and Gardens Test Garden - 1.3 km / 0.8 mi
Science Center of Iowa - 1.4 km / 0.9 mi
The preferred airport for Des Moines Marriott Downtown is Des Moines, IA (DSM-Des Moines Intl.) - 7.4 km / 4.6 mi
- This property offers transfers from the airport. Guests must contact the property with arrival details before travel, using the contact information on the booking confirmation.
- Pool access available from 5 AM to midnight.
- The property has connecting/adjoining rooms, which are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property using the number on the booking confirmation.
- Parking height restrictions apply.
- American Express
- Carte Blanche
- Diners Club
- JCB International
- Check-in time starts at 4 PM
- Check-out time is noon
- Pets not allowed
- Only service animals are allowed
- Parking height restrictions apply
The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Fee for buffet breakfast: USD 16 per person (approximately)
- Fee for in-room wireless Internet: USD 14.95 per day (rates may vary)
- Self parking fee: USD 14 per day
- Valet parking fee: USD 24.00 per day
- Nearby parking fee: USD 14 per day
- Rollaway bed fee: USD 15.0 per day