Karasuma Kyoto Hotel
Make yourself at home in one of the 231 air-conditioned rooms featuring refrigerators and flat-screen televisions. Complimentary wired and wireless Internet access keeps you connected, and satellite programming provides entertainment. Private bathrooms with shower/tub combinations feature complimentary toiletries and hair dryers. Conveniences include phones, as well as safes and desks.
Make use of convenient amenities such as complimentary wireless Internet access, gift shops/newsstands, and a hair salon.
- Hair salon
- Gift shops or newsstand
- Conference space
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Laundry facilities
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Multilingual staff
- 24-hour front desk
- Business center
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Designated smoking areas
- Free WiFi
- Wheelchair accessible path of travel
- Accessible bathroom
- Wheelchair accessible parking
- Braille or raised signage
- Number of restaurants - 2
- Conference space size (feet) - 4521
- Conference space size (meters) - 420
- One meeting room
- Self parking (surcharge)
- Luggage storage
- Banquet hall
- Wheelchair accessible (may have limitations)
- Wheelchair-accessible path to elevator
- Wheelchairs available on site
Front desk staff will greet guests on arrival. This property's restaurants serve lunch from 11:30 AM to 2:30 PM and dinner from 5:30-7:30 PM; reservations are required 1 day in advance for dinner.
- Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy
- Government-issued photo identification and a credit card, debit card, or cash deposit may be required at check-in for incidental charges
- Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges; special requests cannot be guaranteed
- This property accepts credit cards and cash
- Please note that cultural norms and guest policies may differ by country and by property; the policies listed are provided by the property
Satisfy your appetite with Chinese cuisine at Toh-Lee Chinese, one of the hotel's 2 restaurants. Wrap up your day with a drink at the bar/lounge. Continental breakfasts are available daily from 7:00 AM to 9:30 AM for a fee.
Featured amenities include a business center, dry cleaning/laundry services, and a 24-hour front desk. Planning an event in Kyoto? This hotel has facilities measuring 4521 square feet (420 square meters), including a meeting room. Self parking (subject to charges) is available onsite.
Distances are displayed to the nearest 0.1 mile and kilometer.
Nishiki Market - 0.5 km / 0.3 mi
Shijo Omiya - 0.5 km / 0.3 mi
Kawaramachi - 0.8 km / 0.5 mi
Rokakkudo Temple - 0.9 km / 0.5 mi
Kyoto International Manga Museum - 1.1 km / 0.7 mi
Kiyamachi Street - 1.2 km / 0.7 mi
Pontocho - 1.2 km / 0.7 mi
Higashi Honganji Temple - 1.2 km / 0.8 mi
Kyoto MINAMIZA Theatre - 1.4 km / 0.8 mi
Mikane Shrine - 1.5 km / 0.9 mi
Gion Shirakawa Area - 1.5 km / 0.9 mi
Kenninji Temple - 1.6 km / 1 mi
Hanamikoji Dori - 1.7 km / 1.1 mi
Honnoji Temple - 1.7 km / 1.1 mi
Gion Corner - 1.7 km / 1.1 mi
The nearest airports are:
Kansai Intl. Airport (KIX) - 100.4 km / 62.4 mi
Itami Airport (ITM) - 50 km / 31 mi
The preferred airport for Karasuma Kyoto Hotel is Kansai Intl. Airport (KIX).
- The property has connecting/adjoining rooms, which are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property using the number on the booking confirmation.
- The Japanese Ministry of Health, Labour, and Welfare requires all international visitors to submit their passport number and nationality when registering at any lodging facility (inns, hotels, motels, etc. ). Additionally, lodging proprietors are required to photocopy passports for all registering guests and keep the photocopy on file.
- This property advises that enhanced cleaning and guest safety measures are currently in place.
- Disinfectant is used to clean the property, and commonly-touched surfaces are cleaned with disinfectant between stays.
- Social distancing measures are in place; staff at the property wear personal protective equipment; a shield is in place between staff and guests in main contact areas; temperature checks are available to guests; guests are provided with hand sanitizer.
- This property welcomes guests of all sexual orientations and gender identities (LGBTQ friendly).
- No rollaway/extra beds available
- No cribs (infant beds) available
- Children not allowed
- Property is cleaned with disinfectant
- Staff wears personal protective equipment
- Acrylic shield between guests and staff in main contact areas
- Guests are provided with free hand sanitizer
- Social distancing measures are in place
- Property confirms they are implementing enhanced health & safety measures
- Pets not allowed
You'll be asked to pay the following charges at the property:
- A city tax may be collected at the property, effective October 1, 2018. The city tax ranges from JPY 200-1,000 per person, per night based on the nightly room rate. Please note that further exemptions may apply. For more details, please contact the property using the information on the reservation confirmation received after booking.
- A tax is imposed by the city: JPY 1000 per person, per night
The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Fee for continental breakfast: JPY 2178 per person (approximately)
- Self parking fee: JPY 1500.00 per night